Monday, January 9, 2017

MMGM Links (1/9/17)

I'm in the middle of an all-nighter, trying to hit a deadline (and no, for those who are wondering--it's not for KEEPER. Different book, different deadline. Can't say more than that--yet.)

So I'm doing this on zero brainpower and SUPER quick so there may be mistakes. But here are the MMGM links:
- Perusing Nicole joins the MMGM fun with a feature on EYE OF THE CROW. Click HERE to welcome her to the group. 
-  The Shannon Messenger Fanclub is also joining the MMGM fun (and no--I swear I didn't make that up) with a feature on THE CANDY SHOP WAR (which, just to be clear, was written by Brandon Mull). Click HERE to see what they thought 
- Completely Full Bookshelf is hungry for DUMPLING DAYS. Click HERE to see what they thought. 
- Reading Violet is working some SHADOW MAGIC. Click HERE to check it out!
- Michael Gettel-Gilmartin is BREAKING THE ICE. Click HERE to read his review.  
- Justin Talks Books is talking about THE HAND YOU'RE DEALT. Click HERE to see what he thought.
- Greg Pattridge wants everyone to SAVE THE SEASON. Click HERE to read his review.  
- Bookish Ambition is highlighting MY SECRET WAR. Click HERE to read their review.  
- Time Travel Times Two is spotlighting THE LEFT BEHINDS: ABE LINCOLN AND THE SELFIE THAT SAVED THE UNION. Click HERE to see why. 
- A Bookshelf Monstrosity is featuring the graphic novel version of SNOW WHITE. Click HERE to see what they thought. 
- Sally's Bookshelf thinks everyone should take AIM. Click HERE to see why. 
- Jess at the Reading Nook is introducing everyone to HOMEWORK STRIKE. Click HERE to find her feature. 
- Rosi Hollinbeck is reviewing--and GIVING AWAY--ORPHAN TRAINS: TAKING THE RAILS TO A NEW LIFE. Click HERE for details. 
- Andrea Mack is championing THE BICYCLE SPY. Click HERE for her review.  
- Tara Creel has a list of 2017 middle grade books to read. Click HERE to check it out. 
- Patricia at Children's Books Heal is spreading some love for THE LAST CHERRY BLOSSOM. Click HERE to see why. 
- Suzanne Ware is down with MAGIC BELOW STAIRS. Click HERE to find her feature. 
- Dorine White is cheering for GALAXY ZACK. Click HERE to see why. 
- Shannon O'Donnell is back--and planning a weekly MMGM again. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week. 
- Karen Yingling also always has some awesome MMGM recommendations for you. Click HERE to which ones she picked this time.   
- Joanne Fritz always has an MMGM for you. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week  
- The Mundie Moms are always huge supporters of middle grade. Click HERE for their Mundie Kids site.   


If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love on a Monday (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so it gets sorted accurately--and please don't forget to say what book you're featuring) You MUST email me your link by Sunday evening in order to be included in the list of links for the coming Monday. (usually before 11pm PST is safe--but if I'm traveling it can vary. When in doubt, send early!) (Also make sure the post you send me is a new post, not one from earlier in the week. I try to keep the content fresh)

If you miss the cutoff, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you, but I will not have time to update the post. Same goes for typos/errors on my part. I do my best to build the links correctly, but sometimes deadline-brain gets the best of me, and I'm sorry if it does. For those wondering why I don't use a Linky-widget instead, it's a simple matter of internet safety. The only way I can ensure that all the links lead to safe, appropriate places for someone of any age is if I build them myself. It's not a perfect system, but it allows me to keep better control.

Thank you so much for being a part of this awesome meme, and spreading the middle grade love!


*Please note: these posts are not a reflection of my own opinions on the books featured. Each blogger is responsible for their own MMGM content and I do not pre-screen reviews ahead of time, nor do I control what books they choose. I simply assemble the list based on the links that are emailed to me.
SaveSave

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting and good luck with your deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great roundup! I always look forward to this post each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, a great selection of books. Thanks for keeping it going, Shannon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your deadline! I hope this deadlie is for a NEW series...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited about the new secret book! :)
    I'm late to the game today, but if anyone's interested, I wrote a MMGM post on Jacqueline Kelly's SKUNKED here: http://faithehough.blogspot.com/2017/01/marvelous-middle-grade-monday-skunked.html

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Any arguing or intense debate--on any subject will be removed. Let's keep this a safe, fun space.